Monday, August 22, 2005

Frontline Photography

This weekend has been a tad strange. As you can see from the rest of the Blog, I love my photography. I'm a regular at the Nationalist Rallies, and can usually be found clicking away at most of them somewhere.

So, this weekend was Stonehaven Wallace Day, run by Siol nan Gaidheal members. The fact I, uh, managed to turn up late is neither here nor there. When I got there, most of the party had already arrived at Dunottar Castle (a good three miles away from Stonehaven. I look down from a nearby cliff and catch all of them gathered at the bottom, near the entrance. I think, what a good photo opportunity. So, I take my picture, feel smug, put my camera back in my backpack and head off down to join them.

Which was when my leg plunged into a Post-hole, presumably the remains of a former fence. Now, if that wasn't painful enough, Stonehaven is a good three miles away from civilisation with a busted leg.

I managed to get myself some Codine from a comrade and got back for the after rally shindig. Big mistake. Codine works really well. Too well, in fact. Unbeknownst to myself, my leg was swelling till I couldn't tell if my knee was there or not, and was turning a shade that should only really be seen in Quentin Tarantino movies.

So, obviously, I found myself in casualty getting a bandage, a bored look and some painkillers from a Doctor and orders to stay inside for a couple of day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Heating dial soccer cleats


Revelations