Saturday, June 17, 2006

One Moment in Time...



Okay, so maybe the wee Irishman has a point. Maybe, for several glorious weeks we refrain from being slaves to being individuals.

But, since I'm assuming you've watched the damn thing, you'll have realised it is just a smidge sanctimonius.

The fact this promotes ESPN suggests that it is, as Chris Titan might suggest, a Fnord. It represents for society a state of mind and being of Bono. He is, patently, a man wanting just that wee bit more money than he has at present.

This is what Bono is: when my father was dying from Cancer, it was arranged that I would stay at the home of my aunt for a couple of weeks for a holiday. Usually one of the more favoured cousins went, but terminal cancer doesn't have a long time scale. So, I was sent that year. One of the funnier events was when my cousins Shane, Ciaron and I were playing football and he broke a window. His father banned him from football for a month. Since his mother hadn't asked the punishment, she banned Ciaron for two weeks. Ciaron, delighted said to my Aunt, "Fantastic!" To which she replied: "Why?" "Because Dad banned me for a month!"

This is MY Fnord. Bono, one of the richest men on the planet has scored where he has little reason to: because he is famous. It is sickly and inconsequential.

Will you be slaves to the ideal of lonely monopoly?

No comments:


Revelations