Sunday, December 04, 2005

To Kill a Dead Man

Yesterday I went along (I say went... I mean trapsed through Pollockshaws with a Red Duster Flag - see the right sidebar for a .gif of the flag) to the March and Rally for John Maclean. As usual it was a rainy, musty Glasgow morning where the sound of our drums bounced off the tower blocks and back us all the way until we reached John Maclean's Cairn.

The speeches were good, including Colin Fox, who (if I must say) should really try and speak louder. Yes, it's a petty point, but I doubt anyone at the back could've heard him. Also in attendance were Jim Fairlie of the Free Scotland Party, Gerry Cairns of the SRSM, Lloyd Quinan (previously of the Scottish Parliament and an STV weathermap) and a hellfire and brimstone anti-nuclear campaigner called Brian Quail.

Most of the speeches revolved around anti-war protests in Maclean's time and in ours and how we can justify poverty on the scale we marched past on the way up to the cairn and spending billions on George Dubya's pretence that he's the Cowboy Prez cos he can shoot more towel-heads than his daddy could.

Frankly, it makes me sick that we can prioritise our civic finance in this manner. I believe we sort out our own communities FIRST and worry about other countries later. Of course, politic points mean nothing anymore. It can't have escaped your notice that Max's slightly dodgy direct action has gotten more hits to this blog than my political points? I guess actions DO speak louder than words. Fortunately for you, then, Max has borrowed my Camera so I guess he's up to something.

After the Rally was the post match social, which because I hadn't eaten anything during the day previously meant I was inebriated quicker than I would've liked. Didn't get any photos during the rally cos I was carrying a flag and not afterwards because I... well, I'm not sure why.

There's two events upcoming I can think of, one is a commemoration for Rob Roy on Dec 29, the other is the Glencoe Rally on Feb 12. I was kind of wanting to make the Rob Roy one, but since no-one I know is going, I doubt I'll make it. I'll make Glencoe easily enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »


Revelations