Tuesday, February 07, 2006

DotSCO Letters 3

Comrades,

We have three more “DotSCO” letters. Two via Red Larry in Dundee, and one to myself.

First, to Red Larry’s Letters:


Dear Mr xxxxx
 
Thank you for your letter of 2nd February regarding the campaign for a Scottish Domain Name on the Internet.
 
I am happy to state my support for the campaign. Please do let me know if there is anything practicle that you would wish me to do from my end.
 
With best wishes
 
Yours sincerely
 
Stewart Srevenson MSP


Also reply from:  Kate MacLean MSP acknowledges with thanks the receipt of your communication of 2/2/06, the contents of which have been noted.
 
(She sent this in a postcard)


Dear Mr Sheerin,

Thank you for your letter regarding a DotSCO domain name.

My colleague Rob Gibson, MSP, Convener of the Scots Cross Party Group for the Scots Language, has been actively involved in widening the dotSCO campaign, which I have enclosed a copy of two articles that were written about this last November that I hope you will find of interest.

The campaigners hope to communicate with as many users as possible, ranging from the producers of Scottish Traditional Music CDs to individuals like the current Mairi Mhor fellowship holder, Fiona MacKenzie of Dingwall. It is hoped the possibility of raising their public awareness, and association with all things Scottish, will provide the spur necessary for them to become involved and grow the campaign.
I will keep your details on file and will be in touch once I have further information on the campaign.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes,


Yours Sincerely,

Michael Matheson MSP
SNP-Central Scotland

Articles enclosed available on web via the main dotSCO website.



Six down out of thirteen. All positive, which is a good thing. NO LABOUR REPLIES! Can you say: “Hiding in cupboards?” Why is it so difficult to get a reply out of Labour? They can’t say it was lost. All five of my envelopes were in the same post bag, in the same sorting office in Cumbernauld.

I liked Michael Matheson’s reply. It expanded the point onto other relevant issues.

Like it.  

We’ll see where this Shinto goes.

No comments:


Revelations