Friday, July 28, 2006

One pill makes you larger, one pill makes you small (go ask Alice)

Something to do with Reconnaissance

Okay, so maybe I couldn't resist hitching up with Phase 2 of Neurocam. Since I wasn't that involved in Phase 1.

Course, some of you people won't have the slightest idea of my obsession with Australians. I'll get to that, but first, a flashback...

Last year I was surfing the internet and came across a post on the TOTSE website which some monkeyboy made a post about Neurocam, and this weird thing that a lot of people were involving themselves on the internet.

The first thing I did, was to check out the website: Neurocam

The second thing I did was read an article in an Australian Newspaper called the Age

I was intruiged. By the time I had read the list of blogs below, I was hypnotised, entranced...

Teigan
Chris Titan
Xade
Egotript
Beltaine
Lady J
Steve Cronin
Adam

I also flirted with the Neuroboards. And then I didn't.

The eagle eyed amongst you will notice that there's bugger all there now unless you dig, dig, dig. I put the list up, cos I still pay a visit now and then.

If, for some reason, you have become hypnotised too, I suggest three things:

1. Download "Age of Aquarius" by the Mamas and the Papas and "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane, get yourself some Absinth or Glenmorangie Scotch Whisky and...
2. Make google your best friend (because you'll need it).
3. Make a friday night of it.

When they announced Phase 2, I stared at the "Registration" screen for god knows how many full days before joining again. Like I said, I couldn't help it. It's why I posted that Dave Gorman stuff. I understand and sympathise with obsession. Maybe I'll write a book about the 'Cam and put it on Lulu. I seem to be one of the few people not scared of my own real name (yes, if you try hard enough you'll find Kenny Sheerin in the Electoral Register. (don't hold your breath for the book). In other news, my debut novel "RockX" is almost ready for publication, and I'll be using Lulu when it's done.

So I did the perception assignment, the q & a and eventually got my first assignment. It's done and a week passed now.

I think I'll pass on the Neuroboards for now. Nice people, but I don't know what to say.

Why am I doing it? I don't honestly know. You know those kids in teen movies who go into the basement where the Zombie Girl / Mutant / Alien / Serial Killer / Vampire is? That's the way I view curiosity. Risk versus knowledge. But only if it's worth it. Teigan's reports of burnout, Chris Titan and Beltain's insane prophesies, it makes the journey more interesting. The fallout of Phase 1, the trials and tribulations on various boards... It's facinating. I can't help myself...

Right now I'm listening to "Interstellar Overdrive" by Pink Floyd. In honour of Syd Barrett.

Anyone want to donate a Kabuki Mask?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you Phase Two?

>> Jason Tremonti
jason.tremonti@gmail.com


Revelations