Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Art as Simplification of Life


I sat next to a guy in work once called Barry. He was an artist trapped in the same shitty job I was and managed to escape to something FAR more interesting. Not quite art yet, but he's on his way.

Check out his stuff: Barry's Art Page

It (as you can see from the left) is astonishingly good.

This proves it then, shit jobs and unhappiness make excellent bedfellows with talent in art. Orson Welles in the third man commented about The Borgia's and the Renaissance and how Switzerland only managed the pigging cuckoo clock (joke courtesy of Craig Ferguson... ahem...)

Anyway. You HAVE to click the link. I won't forgive you otherwise.

Besides, I'm trying to talk him into letting me use that picture for my debut novel...

We'll see how it goes.

No comments:


Revelations