Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Novelling

Draft Two of my Novel is complete. Fanks to Mumsie Firefox for the use of her computer while I was delocated from Firefox HQ.

And that bastard thing still isn't done. It was my fault entirely. I had included what was intended to be an 'ironic' character in my sci-fi comedy. It then transpired that it is in fact impossible to create an 'ironic' character using the name 'The Widowmaker'. Who'd've thunk it...

Anyway, there are two female characters he can be replaced by (which DOES work...) So rewrite three will have to get rid of a number of pointless tricks I tried.

My favourite line from the Novel is from a Character called Ben: "My friend Mhari knows a word called ferapy and finks you need it."

So... how are you? I can tell at least a couple of my three readers checked out the Tribal Music post (and someone even replied... it happens so rarely I barely check...)

I also had an e-mail about my rant about "Francis the Second" and who "Francis the First" was and then proceeded to threaten a "Pillar Box War part two" in an otherwise relatively well received article. Firstly, thanks to Jovan for taking the trouble to e-mail me. Always appreciate contact. When I'm not on dial-up I'll reply (still at Mumsie Firefox's).

I will (therefore) explain to the rest of you about Francis I. It is not that I didn't "know" who Francis I was. It was just that I didn't actually care. I checked Wikipedia for him, and a couple of online sources and soon realised I wanted to go to "mysistershotfriend" and consequently stopped and went for a cold shower. And that was my point. However legitimate a claimant he may or may not have been, he lost. Bonnie Prince Charlie TRIED and failed. From what I can tell, the later ones didn't even try. Why am I supposed to care?

The same is true of Elizabeth the Second, while she may well have had an ancestor called 'Elizabeth I' a) I remain "uncaring" because she's royalty and b) we never had an Elizabeth I in SCOTLAND. You need to remember that I'm a Republican and while I can tell you what colour clothes Scottish Republican John Baird wore while in the army regiment he was in a good ten years before the 1820 insurrection (Green - he wasn't a Red Coat) I haven't researched too much shinto about Jacobite claimants.

I know I'm not interested in it and act accordingly. Fortuntely I know people who ARE into that kind of thing, and their enthusiasm and general interest in their subject usually makes it more entertaining to listen to.

I'm happy to publish a Jacobite article or two explaining things I've little chance of researching. Besides, I like Jacobites. Don't agree with them, but think they're perfectly nice and fun people to get drunk with at commemorations, and you can't say fairer than that. So, there you have it: a free offer of Jacobite propaganda on a Scottish Republican Website. We'll call it an Xmas present. My e-mail address is on the right. Mark the subject heading: "You are a Commie Republican Bastard."

Anyway, bored now, bye.

No comments:


Revelations