Sunday, February 10, 2008

Travelling...

You ever wake up one morning and ask yourself, what's the point? Not in a comedy Rob Newman 1990s 'In Pieces with Newman and Baddiel' "I'm going to kill myself" kind of way, but more of a "I want to give up Scottish Independence" kind of way? I'm sort of getting there.

I don't drive, so when I'm busy, there's a whole lot of sitting listening to Radio 1 on buses and trains (Radio One because you get it everywhere and I hate Scottish Local Radio apart from XFM and One DJ on Radio Clyde).

Here's a list of groovy things I witnessed which will help the pro-independence cause:

* A concerted effort in Angus by Determination members to get signatures on the Scottish Independence Convention
* A live-action sketch (two ronnies style) on the Wee Unionists Handbook
* A decent turnout to be expected at the Glencoe Rally on Feb 17
* Radio Free Scotland being even more groovy than it already is (vague, yes, but there are definite things happening and they should be GOOOOOD).
* And a few things I can't talk about.

But when I'm sitting on buses for 12 - 14 hours this weekend, I wasn't thinking: Wow, this is going to be SO cool. I was thinking, I'm not getting any fecking cards this valentines, this year, am I? Yes I know: pathetic. But there you go. Too much time on buses and you go stir crazy.

That, combined with the fact that I got home, knackered, at about nineish and found that my copy of "Star Wars: Swedging the Jedi" wasn't bloody working and I finally flipped.

You may have noticed that this blog hasn't been, shall we say: updated much. This was cos it started appearing on "Scottish Blogging" roundups. I don't dislike them, i just don't think this is one of those sites. I don't know what this blog is... So I suspended it for a while to go back to being less corporate and more guerrilla bloggingy (which will remain undefined cos even I don't know what it means).

So... I came up with a rule. If you LIKE the Firefox Chronicles, and think: man, I think so and so should read it... Don't tell them. Enjoy it yourself. It's the kind of place you stumble upon by accident.

No comments:


Revelations